Here's a few of our top tips to get you started on your trail running adventures....
Get the right footwear
*RECOMMENDATIONS: my favourites at the moment are the MERRELL TERRA TRAIL
Bring the right kit:
- Small primaloft jacket (lightweight synthetic insulated jacket) such as: Montane Fireball Smock
- Lightweight survival bag (not a foil blanket), the best one is: SOL survival bag
- Lightweight waterproof, my favourite at the moment is: Montane Smock
- Snacks/emergency food: TORQ bars are my favourite (mango flavour!)
- Polartech power stretch gloves and lightweight beanie such as: Montane Power Stretch Glove
- Navigation equipment (waterproof OS map/printed off laminated OS map section & a good compass)
Build yourself up to it
- Join a current group or get a group together to go running through the local woods and get used to the uneven terrain and remoteness! This year JT Expeditions are running guided trail runs in the Brecon Beacons with Run Mummy Run to give people the opportunity to test it out safely and visit some of the best areas!
- Head out with someone who already trail runs and has the skills needed to do it safely
- Go on a course that teaches you the skills for running in the hills and mountains. JT Expeditions run a day long workshop which teaches everything from navigation and nutrition, to mountain safety and equipment with the aim of equipping people with a “toolbox” of skills ready for the outdoors
Don’t be too intimidated
Don't forget, if you have any queries or would like some advice then simply get in touch via our CONTACT US page
Team JT Expeditions...